Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Perspective Digital painting

So for the Perspective Digital Paint I thought it'd be fun to kind of mess with the color palate a bit. Going for a bit of a cartoony look I have everything shaded in weird colors, but I tried to keep the fundamentals of design and color in mind. For example, I still tried to make darker colors represent closer objects and lighter ones in the distance, including the sides of the house for shading.

The house and overall silhouette were on one layer that had a transfer setting of multiply attached to it so I could paint within the outline. For big expanses, like the foreground and sky, I added to their own layers and just wiped across the entire area. Also, in those big expanses I changed the brush type to a feathered brush with opacity so I could (attempt) to do some fall-off with distance. That was about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment