Monday, September 6, 2010

3D Renders

Created a simple scene mapping textures to spheres. You can't really tell but I mapped a galaxy photo to a large sphere, and inside created the Earth, Moon, and the asteroids. The asteroids are simply spheres that are slightly deformed - I just duplicated it a second time and rotated it for the 2nd asteroid. Then I just went online and downloaded a TIE fighter model and stuck a few of them in there. I wanted a Star Destroyer but the file I downloaded was a .obj? and when I dragged it onto the grid this HUGE thing showed up and each section of the ship was split into different pieces- like the bridge, the engines, etc. and I didn't know how to group them or scale them all down uniformly so I just scrapped that. Anyways, hopefully we'll get into what all that was about.


Wide View

CU of TIE model & Asteroid Texture


POV TIE View

1 comment:

  1. very very cool...you should look at Karl's post...he did something similar, but added atmosphere to his planet. Looks cool. Not tie-fighter cool, but pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete