Thursday, September 23, 2010

3d Renders

Right so this next assignment was a lot of messing around - trying one thing and then kinda getting something else. Which isn't entirely bad...I'm pretty happy with the way some of them turned out. But...I'd like to get to the point where I'm doing these things on purpose rather than tweaking some settings and having stuff kinda come out.

For the logo I did Panda Cheese based off the hilarious Egyptian commercials for the product. With the bezier tool I traced over the entire thing and it came out....lumpier than I'd like. I then changed the curves to planes and colored them.
Next I did the revolve - and this actually came out sort of how I wanted. I drew from the Right side view half a profile of a lightsaber handle (I've been playing way too much Force Unleashed...haha) and then revolved that around. Unfortunately, still not too comfortable with working in NURBS I just created a 2nd cylinder and stuck it through the handle "wall" for the button.
Also, while saving these frames as png's I guess I didn't have a background so it rendered as white? For the extrude I had the concept of a wall in mind so I designed the curve of one here

 and then drew a curve to create the wall. But messing with some of the rotation functions I thought it looked like it could serve as more of a roller coaster...so I just went with that.



And lastly I messed with the lofting for a bit and then by accident created something kinda cool (which I didn't render out...probably should have but didn't think it'd get anywhere.) Basically it looked like part of a cape wrapping around somebody. So going off of that and a love for the characters like Batman and Spawn who always have these crazy capes enveloping their bodies, I drew curve layers to loft. The bottom layer was fanned out like the bottom of the cape along the ground while the 2nd was the "shoulders". I had no idea the "cape" would wrap the way it did but I was pretty happy with that. Just for reference I added a head and gave him some Batman ears. Baha.

Elevated view from the back - cape kinda swirling? Maybe?
More of a side view
A straight on view didn't look really right the way some of the layers overlapped so I just tried to hide it...anyways, with some things coming out planned and others that kinda made their own way, here it is!

1 comment:

  1. By availing 3d renders services, companies can bring about huge improvements in efficiency and reduce costs. Solid modeling shortens design cycles, streamlines manufacturing processes and accelerates product introductions. It does these by improving the sharing of product design information and communication throughout an organisation, as well as among its suppliers and customers.

    ReplyDelete