Thursday, October 21, 2010

3D layers in AE

At the risk of sounding totally douche-y this is the logo I created for the production company consisting of myself, Harrison Reynolds, and Shane Gibson. It was a pretty basic task of getting the sides to unfold onto each other (although I had to watch for seams since the slightest bit could stick out) and the hardest part was lining the pivot points up with the edges of the squares. I had it a bit easy since the sides didn't contain any depth, too. I then just animated a camera flying around (also to hide the fact that there are more swinging panels than there are sides - to make it more complex looking I folded a few sides over twice and just deleted the layer once it was in position - and then added Trapcode Shine to it for that super blue look. Overall I think it worked out quite well! Added some sounds and here's the production logo...although after the fact I noticed it did look a bit like the game cube logo - but if you won't tell I won't either.

A Box of Thirty Logo from kabraz on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment