Thursday, October 14, 2010

3D model

So still not exactly how I'd like it, but here is my first 3d model! I did R2D2 because I thought it might be easier to work with something mechanical that had no organic parts. Also, I figured if we'd be potentially using the same models for a few projects it would give me time to tweak all the little details. Unfortunately, sometime early in the modeling process the dome I extruded something weird resulting in the top of the dome being kinda deformed, but I decided just to keep it that way.





 I used some schematics and blue prints from the Artoo Detoo builders club website and also based off this guy's amazing model. I also had an R2 USB hub model that I used for some of the details to base it off of.




Not expecting mine to look anything like his but it's good reference...anyways I guess finishing the details at a later date, texturing, and rigging are up next....

No comments:

Post a Comment